Alexa is now available on new Windows 10 laptops/computers, but if you have an old PC or Laptop, you can download the Alexa app from the Play Store or Microsoft store.
Alexa on Computer/laptop works, in the same way, as it works on Echo smart speakers. You ask Alexa what about the weather, control smart lights of your home or office, and play music (If you subscribe to that). If your laptop has support for Alexa commands, you can also use Alexa to wake your PC.
Speaking of Cortana (virtual assistant created by Microsoft for Windows 10,), Amazon and Microsoft co-operated on combining the two smart virtual assistants. Launch Cortana, ask Cortana to give Alexa a command. Anyone can download the Alexa app on a laptop or desktop PC, it’s hard to imagine that feature will be used much moving ahead. The same combination let Alexa users give Cortana a command, but it’s hard to believe anyone doing that.
Download Amazon Alexa App and Install
- Download Alexa for PC
- Now Click on it, install the app and follow the process.
- Now launch the app from the Start menu.
- Log in using the Amazon account login details.
- You can change the language according to your country/region.
- Enable the ‘Launch app on the sign into this computer’ under Alexa settings for auto-start feature.
If you want to show the app in the Windows taskbar, you need to go to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which icons appear on the taskbar and enable Alexa.